Reports to the VP of Marketing & Communications
To incorporate and fulfill brand and marketing objectives though thoughtful design and art direction. Create compelling and artfully integrated digital and print collateral, video, and other materials that ultimately build awareness and drive demand for New York City Center and its program offerings.
- Ensure a level of excellence in all creative work. Design and execute consistent, cohesive, materials that advance the brand and are within budget and timeframe. This includes digital and print design, video, and execution of integrated campaigns from conception through execution.
- Advance innovation in design concepts and art direction, while maintaining consistency, quality, and integrity of the brand.
- Champion City Center’s digital presence and aesthetics so that they are aligned with usability and accessibility
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all departments (Programming, Marketing, Development, Education, etc.) in creation of digital and print collateral
- Identify and translate production photos into distinctive City Center digital and print pieces, with a keen sense of typography
- Design and execution of print materials including direct mail, brochures, print advertising, invitations, and related promotional print collateral
- Partner with social media on direction of videos and visual identity on our social channels
- Creation of branded email promotional images and email templates
- Creation of static and rich banner ads and resizing
- Work with Development to create proposals to potential brand partners and sponsors
- Maintain integrity of City Center brand through wayfinding or other signage
- Resize and format key art when artwork is created outside the organization
- Collaborate with marketing team to brainstorm new and original content
- Research the latest trends in design, typography, photography, art, and culture
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years proven professional design experience
- Substantial knowledge of print production including retouching, pre-press, and proofing
- Up to date with industry leading software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver)
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Open demeanor, collaborative in nature.
- A commitment to innovation, excellence and the highest standards of quality, art direction and design
- Aware of current trends in art and design, interactive and user experience design, and digital publishing software
- Cultural institution and/or performing arts experience a plus
- Capable of handling numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines
City Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment (including sexual harassment) based upon any protected characteristic. City Center does not discriminate for reasons of race, color, creed, religion, age, marital status, membership in a domestic partnership, veterans or uniform service member status, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic or national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, history of domestic violence or assault, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local laws. City Center ensures equal and fair treatment of any employee or applicant with known mental or physical disabilities.