A night of community with a vibe all its own, just like the people it is curated for. People ages 21–35 are invited to join us for this one-night event where all seats are just $29*. The evening's program—which runs about two hours, including two intermissions—will feature:
· Divining by Judith Jamison, a mystical work that draws power from African polyrhythms
· Cry a tour-de-force solo Alvin Ailey dedicated to “all black women everywhere—especially our mothers”
· The Call by Ronald K. Brown, an earthy and subtly rapturous homage to Mr. Ailey's legacy
· Revelations by Alvin Ailey, the enduring masterpiece that reveals the places of deepest grief and holiest joy in the human soul
Visit www.alvinailey.org/yny to sign up for the Young New York mailing list which will give you access to discounts on tickets to the rest of Ailey’s City Center season.
* We require that all ticket buyers be between the ages of 21 and 35 as of December 5, 2019. Ticket buyers will be required to show proof of age. Guests of ticket buyers can be any age. The $29 ticket price already includes all regular phone or web service charges, however a $2.50 facility fee will be applied to each $29 ticket, for a total of $31.50. Limit six tickets per order.
Ailey Young New York Sponsor
Top Photo: Ghrai DeVore-Stokes. Photo by Andrew Eccles